If a party willfully fails to abide by a custody order, divorce judgment, or separation agreement incorporated into a Court Order, the non-complying party could face contempt proceedings. The Law Offices of Kerri Cohen assists clients in filing Petition for Contempt against the non-complying party as well as defending clients against contempt filed against them for conduct such as:
- Failure to pay child support or alimony;
- Denial of visitation;
- Non-compliance with legal custody (ex. making unilateral decisions regarding the minor children);
- Failing to maintain health insurance for the minor children;
- Non-compliance with custody access schedule;
- Failure to divide assets as ordered by the Court; and
- Other violations of Custody Orders, Separation Agreements and Judgments of Divorce.
If your ex is not complying with a Court Order, or if you are served with a Show Cause Order to appear in court for Contempt of Court proceedings, it is imperative you speak with an experienced attorney right away. Contempt is a serious allegation and can even result in jail time if the Court deems the remedy appropriate.
Let us help you through this difficult time. Call today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys at the Law Offices of Kerri Cohen.